Monday, January 10, 2011

Something Old: Tater Tot Casserole

Good morning, food friends!

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend. Chase and I spent the weekend furniture shopping, and ended up with an awesome new kitchen table. It has drawers in it! And it looks classy.

This recipe is completely unrelated to that story, but it's a great dish. My friend Reneé will attest to that. Every time she makes this dish, she tells me (as far as I know!), and she's told me many times. I grew up with this recipe, although it showed up rarely, probably because my mom's not one for frozen fried foods like tater tots. Chase was a little shocked when we first made this recipe together and I told him it was a recipe from my mom, since he knew I came from a healthy food family. It's not totally unhealthy, though. There are vegetables in it!

Anyway, this recipe is a quick, simple, tasty dish for a dinner or dinner party. Serve with ketchup and you're ready to go.

Happy cooking!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tater Tot Casserole June 13, 2010


Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
¼ cup chopped onion
1 can corn, drained
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 bag of frozen tater tots

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a large skillet, brown the beef and onion.
3. Add corn and soup to the skillet and mix.
4. Pour the mixture into a casserole dish. Cover the casserole with frozen tater tots, small side down.
5. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
6. Serve with ketchup and enjoy.

Browning beef and onions together.

Soup and corn in with the beef.

Taters layered on top of the beef mixture.

Baked and ready for eating. Happy cooking!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah,
    I make a variation of this using cream of mushroom soup and mushrooms with the beef and tots. No corn though. I hadn't thought of adding corn to it. Sounds yummy.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'll have to try mushrooms in mine next time! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete