Thursday, December 2, 2010

Something New: Husband's Delight

Welcome to December, food friends!

Here in Columbus, the weather greeted us appropriately with a dusting of snow on the first day of this cheerful month. When I opened the door yesterday morning and saw it, I let out an audible gasp (to Chase's amusement). What can I say? I like snow.

I wish I had a convenient link between snow and this recipe, but there really isn't one. Still, this is a great recipe that I got from my grandma. Chase is scared of cottage cheese, but he loved this dish. Considering that last week he declared that Jumbo Cookies are perhaps his new favorite cookie, I'd say that my grandma has a recipe fan.

ps- My grandma and I have no idea where the recipe got it's goofy name. But my grandpa loved it when my grandma made it, so I suppose it's still fitting.

Happy Thursday cooking!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Husband's Delight


Ingredients
1 (8 oz) package medium egg noodles
1 ½ lbs lean ground beef
3 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
1 cup cottage cheese
8 oz cream cheese
¼ cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup chopped onion
¼ cup chopped green bell pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp sugar
Salt & pepper to taste

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook noodles according to package directions.
3. Meanwhile, brown ground beef. Brown garlic and onion in the butter in a separate skillet.
4. Mix garlic, onion, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and sugar into the beef skillet.
5. In a mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, and green peppers.
6. In a greased 9x13 pan, start with a layer of half the noodles. Top with the cheese mixture, then the rest of the noodles.
7. Finally, cover with the beef mixture and top the whole thing with the shredded cheddar.
8. Bake for 30 minutes in the oven.
9. Serve and enjoy.

Beautiful beef sauce.

A house divided. I don't like bell peppers, but Chase does. The solution was simple.

Ready for the oven.

Beefy cheesy noodley goodness.

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment