Monday, February 14, 2011

Something Old: Baked Potato Slices

It's Monday again, and I'm still exhausted from working last night. It may also have something to do with the bizarre dreams I was having last night. I hate restless nights.

I realized this morning that I had nothing special planned for a Valentine's Day post. The cookies that were posted on Friday would have been perfect. Oh well. It's probably fitting, at least for me, that I have nothing for this holiday. Chase and I kind of forgot that V-Day was even coming up until a couple days ago. We decided not to do anything special for it, but then that sneaky kid got me a big box of chocolates anyway.

In any case, I'm sticking with my original plan for this week's posts. I've almost run out of old recipes from Facebook to post on Mondays, so not only are my choices for today limited, but I have to figure out how I'm going to change the blog when I have no more "Something Old" recipes. Only a few weeks left to brainstorm!

In potato related things, this dish is a perfect side dish because you can cook it in the oven while your entrée is cooking in there too. The recipe says to bake these at 350 degrees, but you can go up to 400 degrees if your entrée is cooking that high. Just take the potatoes out a little sooner.

Happy sappy cooking!

ps- I should mention that this recipe is a Chase original. He is the potato master.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baked Potato Slices June 23, 2010


Ingredients
2 medium potatoes
½ cup sliced red onion
2 Tbsp olive oil
½ tsp McCormick's Salt-Free All Purpose Seasoning (a potato's best friend)
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wash potatoes and slice into rounds about 1 centimeter thick.
3. Toss the potato rounds in olive oil and place on a cookie sheet.
4. Sprinkle potatoes with the salt, pepper, and seasoning. Top with sliced onions.
5. Bake on the top rack of your oven for about 30 minutes, until browned and fork tender. If you like your potatoes crispier, bake under the broiler for an additional 3-5 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy.

Coated in olive oil, spices and onion. Ready for the oven.

Oh so yummy! Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment